1. transpose - noun
· a matrix formed by interchanging the rows and columns of a given matrix
2. transpose - verb
· change the order or arrangement of; "Dyslexics often transpose letters in a word"
3. transpose - verb
· transfer from one place or period to another; "The ancient Greek story was transplanted into Modern America"
4. transpose - verb
· cause to change places; "interchange this screw for one of a smaller size"
5. transpose - verb
· transfer a quantity from one side of an equation to the other side reversing its sign, in order to maintain equality
6. transpose - verb
· put (a piece of music) into another key
7. transpose - verb
· exchange positions without a change in value; "These operators commute with each other"
8. transpose - verb
· change key; "Can you transpose this fugue into G major?"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.