1. tin - noun
· a silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion; used in many alloys and to coat other metals to prevent corrosion; obtained chiefly from cassiterite where it occurs as tin oxide
2. tin - noun
· a vessel (box, can, pan, etc.) made of tinplate and used mainly in baking
3. tin - noun
· metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour
4. tin - noun
· airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
5. tin - verb
· plate with tin
6. tin - verb
· preserve in a can or tin; "tinned foods are not very tasty"
7. tin - verb
· prepare (a metal) for soldering or brazing by applying a thin layer of solder to the surface
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.