1. tick - noun
· a metallic tapping sound; "he counted the ticks of the clock"
2. tick - noun
· any of two families of small parasitic arachnids with barbed proboscis; feed on blood of warm-blooded animals
3. tick - noun
· a mark indicating that something has been noted or completed etc.; "as he called the role he put a check mark by each student's name"
4. tick - noun
· a light mattress
5. tick - verb
· make a clicking or ticking sound; "The clock ticked away"
6. tick - verb
· make a sound like a clock or a timer; "the clocks were ticking"; "the grandfather clock beat midnight"
7. tick - verb
· sew; "tick a mattress"
8. tick - verb
· put a check mark on or near or next to; "Please check each name on the list"; "tick off the items"; "mark off the units"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.