1. testing - noun
· the act of subjecting to experimental test in order to determine how well something works; "they agreed to end the testing of atomic weapons"
2. testing - noun
· an examination of the characteristics of something; "there are laboratories for commercial testing"; "it involved testing thousands of children for smallpox"
3. testing - noun
· the act of giving students or candidates a test (as by questions) to determine what they know or have learned
4. test - verb
· put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
5. test - verb
· test or examine for the presence of disease or infection; "screen the blood for the HIV virus"
6. test - verb
· examine someone's knowledge of something; "The teacher tests us every week"; "We got quizzed on French irregular verbs"
7. test - verb
· show a certain characteristic when tested; "He tested positive for HIV"
8. test - verb
· achieve a certain score or rating on a test; "She tested high on the LSAT and was admitted to all the good law schools"
9. test - verb
· determine the presence or properties of (a substance)
10. test - verb
· undergo a test; "She doesn't test well"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.