1. temper - verb
· bring to a desired consistency, texture, or hardness by a process of gradually heating and cooling; "temper glass"
2. temper - verb
· harden by reheating and cooling in oil; "temper steel"
3. temper - verb
· adjust the pitch (of pianos)
4. temper - verb
· make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else; "she tempered her criticism"
5. temper - verb
· change by restraining or moderating
6. tempered - adjective
· made hard or flexible or resilient especially by heat treatment; "a sword of tempered steel"; "tempered glass"
7. tempered - adjective
· adjusted or attuned by adding a counterbalancing element; "criticism tempered with kindly sympathy"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.