1. tax - verb
· levy a tax on; "The State taxes alcohol heavily"; "Clothing is not taxed in our state"
2. tax - verb
· set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)
3. tax - verb
· use to the limit; "you are taxing my patience"
4. tax - verb
· make a charge against or accuse; "They taxed him failure to appear in court"
5. taxing - adjective
· not easily borne; wearing; "the burdensome task of preparing the income tax return"; "my duties weren't onerous; I only had to greet the guests"; "a taxing schedule"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.