1. tap - noun
· the sound made by a gentle blow
2. tap - noun
· a gentle blow
3. tap - noun
· a faucet for drawing water from a pipe or cask
4. tap - noun
· a small metal plate that attaches to the toe or heel of a shoe (as in tap dancing)
5. tap - noun
· a tool for cutting female (internal) screw threads
6. tap - noun
· a plug for a bunghole in a cask
7. tap - noun
· the act of tapping a telephone or telegraph line to get information
8. tap - noun
· a light touch or stroke
9. tap - verb
· cut a female screw thread with a tap
10. tap - verb
· draw from or dip into to get something; "tap one's memory"; "tap a source of money"
11. tap - verb
· strike lightly; "He tapped me on the shoulder"
12. tap - verb
· draw from; make good use of; "we must exploit the resources we are given wisely"
13. tap - verb
· tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information; "The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy"; "Is this hotel room bugged?"
14. tap - verb
· furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it; "tap a cask of wine"
15. tap - verb
· make light, repeated taps on a surface; "he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently"
16. tap - verb
· walk with a tapping sound
17. tap - verb
· dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes; "Glover tapdances better than anybody"
18. tap - verb
· draw (liquor) from a tap; "tap beer in a bar"
19. tap - verb
· pierce in order to draw a liquid from; "tap a maple tree for its syrup"; "tap a keg of beer"
20. tap - verb
· make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently; "Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce"; "My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.