1. tail - noun
· the posterior part of the body of a vertebrate especially when elongated and extending beyond the trunk or main part of the body
2. tail - noun
· the time of the last part of something; "the fag end of this crisis-ridden century"; "the tail of the storm"
3. tail - noun
· any projection that resembles the tail of an animal
4. tail - noun
· the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Synonym(s): buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind_end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear_end, rump, stern, seat, tail_end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
5. tail - noun
· a spy employed to follow someone and report their movements
6. tail - noun
· (usually plural) the reverse side of a coin that does not bear the representation of a person's head
7. tail - noun
· the rear part of an aircraft
8. tail - noun
· the rear part of a ship
9. tail - verb
· go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"
10. tail - verb
· remove or shorten the tail of an animal
11. tail - verb
· remove the stalk of fruits or berries
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.