1. tacking - noun
· a loose temporary sewing stitch to hold layers of fabric together
2. tacking - noun
· (nautical) the act of changing tack
3. tack - verb
· fasten with tacks; "tack the notice on the board"
4. tack - verb
· turn into the wind; "The sailors decided to tack the boat"; "The boat tacked"
5. tack - verb
· create by putting components or members together; "She pieced a quilt"; "He tacked together some verses"; "They set up a committee"
6. tack - verb
· sew together loosely, with large stitches; "baste a hem"
7. tack - verb
· fix to; attach; "append a charm to the necklace"
8. tack - verb
· reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.