1. tack - noun
· the heading or position of a vessel relative to the trim of its sails
2. tack - noun
· a short nail with a sharp point and a large head
3. tack - noun
· gear for a horse
4. tack - noun
· (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
5. tack - noun
· (nautical) the act of changing tack
6. tack - noun
· sailing a zigzag course
7. tack - verb
· fasten with tacks; "tack the notice on the board"
8. tack - verb
· turn into the wind; "The sailors decided to tack the boat"; "The boat tacked"
9. tack - verb
· create by putting components or members together; "She pieced a quilt"; "He tacked together some verses"; "They set up a committee"
10. tack - verb
· sew together loosely, with large stitches; "baste a hem"
11. tack - verb
· fix to; attach; "append a charm to the necklace"
12. tack - verb
· reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.