1. swell - verb
· increase in size, magnitude, number, or intensity; "The music swelled to a crescendo"
2. swell - verb
· become filled with pride, arrogance, or anger; "The mother was swelling with importance when she spoke of her son"
3. swell - verb
· expand abnormally; "The bellies of the starving children are swelling"
4. swell - verb
· come up (as of feelings and thoughts, or other ephemeral things); "Strong emotions welled up"; "Smoke swelled from it"
5. swell - verb
· come up, as of a liquid; "Tears well in her eyes"; "the currents well up"
6. swell - verb
· cause to become swollen; "The water swells the wood"
7. swelled - adjective
· feeling self-importance; "too big for his britches"; "had a swelled head"; "he was swelled with pride"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.