1. swell - noun
· the undulating movement of the surface of the open sea
2. swell - noun
· a rounded elevation (especially one on an ocean floor)
3. swell - noun
· a crescendo followed by a decrescendo
4. swell - noun
· a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
5. swell - verb
· increase in size, magnitude, number, or intensity; "The music swelled to a crescendo"
6. swell - verb
· become filled with pride, arrogance, or anger; "The mother was swelling with importance when she spoke of her son"
7. swell - verb
· expand abnormally; "The bellies of the starving children are swelling"
8. swell - verb
· come up (as of feelings and thoughts, or other ephemeral things); "Strong emotions welled up"; "Smoke swelled from it"
9. swell - verb
· come up, as of a liquid; "Tears well in her eyes"; "the currents well up"
10. swell - verb
· cause to become swollen; "The water swells the wood"
11. swell - adjective
· very good; "he did a bully job"; "a neat sports car"; "had a great time at the party"; "you look simply smashing"; "we had a grand old time"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.