1. swallow - noun
· a small amount of liquid food; "a sup of ale"
2. swallow - noun
· the act of swallowing; "one swallow of the liquid was enough"; "he took a drink of his beer and smacked his lips"
3. swallow - noun
· small long-winged songbird noted for swift graceful flight and the regularity of its migrations
4. swallow - verb
· pass through the esophagus as part of eating or drinking; "Swallow the raw fish--it won't kill you!"
5. swallow - verb
· engulf and destroy; "The Nazis swallowed the Baltic countries"
6. swallow - verb
· enclose or envelop completely, as if by swallowing; "The huge waves swallowed the small boat and it sank shortly thereafter"
7. swallow - verb
· utter indistinctly; "She swallowed the last words of her speech"
8. swallow - verb
· take back what one has said; "He swallowed his words"
9. swallow - verb
· keep from expressing; "I swallowed my anger and kept quiet"
10. swallow - verb
· tolerate or accommodate oneself to; "I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions"; "I swallowed the insult"; "She has learned to live with her husband's little idiosyncrasies"
11. swallow - verb
· believe or accept without questioning or challenge; "Am I supposed to swallow that story?"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.