1. support - verb
· give moral or psychological support, aid, or courage to; "She supported him during the illness"; "Her children always backed her up"
2. support - verb
· support materially or financially; "he does not support his natural children"; "The scholarship supported me when I was in college"
3. support - verb
· be behind; approve of; "He plumped for the Labor Party"; "I backed Kennedy in 1960"
4. support - verb
· be the physical support of; carry the weight of; "The beam holds up the roof"; "He supported me with one hand while I balanced on the beam"; "What's holding that mirror?"
5. support - verb
· establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts; "his story confirmed my doubts"; "The evidence supports the defendant"
6. support - verb
· adopt as a belief; "I subscribe to your view on abortion"
7. support - verb
· support with evidence or authority or make more certain or confirm; "The stories and claims were born out by the evidence"
8. support - verb
· argue or speak in defense of; "She supported the motion to strike"
9. support - verb
· play a subordinate role to (another performer); "Olivier supported Gielgud beautifully in the second act"
10. support - verb
· be a regular customer or client of; "We patronize this store"; "Our sponsor kept our art studio going for as long as he could"
11. support - verb
· put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
12. supported - adjective
· sustained or maintained by aid (as distinct from physical support); "a club entirely supported by membership dues"; "well-supported allegations"
13. supported - adjective
· held up or having the weight borne especially from below; "supported joints in a railroad track have ties directly under the rail ends"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.