1. subdue - verb
· put down by force or intimidation; "The government quashes any attempt of an uprising"; "China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently"; "The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land"
2. subdue - verb
· bring under control by force or authority; "suppress a nascent uprising"; "stamp down on littering"; "conquer one's desires"
3. subdue - verb
· hold within limits and control; "subdue one's appetites"; "mortify the flesh"
4. subdue - verb
· get on top of; deal with successfully; "He overcame his shyness"
5. subdue - verb
· make subordinate, dependent, or subservient; "Our wishes have to be subordinated to that of our ruler"
6. subdue - verb
· correct by punishment or discipline
7. subdued - adjective
· in a softened tone; "hushed voices"; "muted trumpets"; "a subdued whisper"; "a quiet reprimand"
8. subdued - adjective
· restrained in style or quality; "a little masterpiece of low-keyed eloquence"
9. subdued - adjective
· quieted and brought under control; "children were subdued and silent"
10. subdued - adjective
· not brilliant or glaring; "the moon cast soft shadows"; "soft pastel colors"; "subdued lighting"
11. subdued - adjective
· lacking in light; not bright or harsh; "a dim light beside the bed"; "subdued lights and soft music"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.