1. subdue - verb
· put down by force or intimidation; "The government quashes any attempt of an uprising"; "China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently"; "The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land"
2. subdue - verb
· bring under control by force or authority; "suppress a nascent uprising"; "stamp down on littering"; "conquer one's desires"
3. subdue - verb
· hold within limits and control; "subdue one's appetites"; "mortify the flesh"
4. subdue - verb
· get on top of; deal with successfully; "He overcame his shyness"
5. subdue - verb
· make subordinate, dependent, or subservient; "Our wishes have to be subordinated to that of our ruler"
6. subdue - verb
· correct by punishment or discipline
7. subdued - adjective
· in a softened tone; "hushed voices"; "muted trumpets"; "a subdued whisper"; "a quiet reprimand"
8. subdued - adjective
· restrained in style or quality; "a little masterpiece of low-keyed eloquence"
9. subdued - adjective
· quieted and brought under control; "children were subdued and silent"
10. subdued - adjective
· not brilliant or glaring; "the moon cast soft shadows"; "soft pastel colors"; "subdued lighting"
11. subdued - adjective
· lacking in light; not bright or harsh; "a dim light beside the bed"; "subdued lights and soft music"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.