1. strain - verb
· to exert much effort or energy; "straining our ears to hear"
2. strain - verb
· test the limits of; "You are trying my patience!"
3. strain - verb
· use to the utmost; exert vigorously or to full capacity; "He really extended himself when he climbed Kilimanjaro"; "Don't strain your mind too much"
4. strain - verb
· separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements; "sift the flour"
5. strain - verb
· cause to be tense and uneasy or nervous or anxious; "he got a phone call from his lawyer that tensed him up"
6. strain - verb
· become stretched or tense or taut; "the bodybuilder's neck muscles tensed"; "the rope strained when the weight was attached"
7. strain - verb
· remove by passing through a filter; "filter out the impurities"
8. strain - verb
· rub through a strainer or process in an electric blender; "puree the vegetables for the baby"
9. strain - verb
· alter the shape of (something) by stress; "His body was deformed by leprosy"
10. strained - adjective
· lacking natural ease; "a labored style of debating"
11. strained - adjective
· showing signs of mental and emotional tension; "her voice was strained as she asked the question"
12. strained - adjective
· lacking spontaneity; not natural; "a constrained smile"; "forced heartiness"; "a strained smile"
13. strained - adjective
· struggling for effect; "agonistic poses"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.