1. stopper - noun
· an act so striking or impressive that the show must be delayed until the audience quiets down
2. stopper - noun
· a remark to which there is no polite conversational reply
3. stopper - noun
· (bridge) a playing card with a value sufficiently high to insure taking a trick in a particular suit; "if my partner has a spade stopper I can bid no trump"
4. stopper - noun
· blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly
5. stopper - verb
· close or secure with or as if with a stopper; "She stoppered the wine bottle"; "The mothers stoppered their babies' mouths with pacifiers"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.