1. stop - verb
· come to a halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window"
2. stop - verb
· put an end to a state or an activity; "Quit teasing your little brother"
3. stop - verb
· stop from happening or developing; "Block his election"; "Halt the process"
4. stop - verb
· interrupt a trip; "we stopped at Aunt Mary's house"; "they stopped for three days in Florence"
5. stop - verb
· cause to stop; "stop a car"; "stop the thief"
6. stop - verb
· prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations"
7. stop - verb
· hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"
8. stop - verb
· seize on its way; "The fighter plane was ordered to intercept an aircraft that had entered the country's airspace"
9. stop - verb
· have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical; "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"; "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"; "My property ends by the bushes"; "The symphony ends in a pianissimo"
10. stop - verb
· render unsuitable for passage; "block the way"; "barricade the streets"; "stop the busy road"
11. stop - verb
· stop and wait, as if awaiting further instructions or developments; "Hold on a moment!"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.