1. stock - noun
· the capital raised by a corporation through the issue of shares entitling holders to an ownership interest (equity); "he owns a controlling share of the company's stock"
2. stock - noun
· the merchandise that a shop has on hand; "they carried a vast inventory of hardware"; "they stopped selling in exact sizes in order to reduce inventory"
3. stock - noun
· the handle of a handgun or the butt end of a rifle or shotgun or part of the support of a machine gun or artillery gun; "the rifle had been fitted with a special stock"
4. stock - noun
· a certificate documenting the shareholder's ownership in the corporation; "the value of his stocks doubled during the past year"
5. stock - noun
· a supply of something available for future use; "he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars"
6. stock - noun
· the descendants of one individual; "his entire lineage has been warriors"
7. stock - noun
· a special variety of domesticated animals within a species; "he experimented on a particular breed of white rats"; "he created a new strain of sheep"
8. stock - noun
· liquid in which meat and vegetables are simmered; used as a basis for e.g. soups or sauces; "she made gravy with a base of beef stock"
9. stock - noun
· the reputation and popularity a person has; "his stock was so high he could have been elected mayor"
10. stock - noun
· persistent thickened stem of a herbaceous perennial plant
11. stock - noun
· a plant or stem onto which a graft is made; especially a plant grown specifically to provide the root part of grafted plants
12. stock - noun
· any of several Old World plants cultivated for their brightly colored flowers
13. stock - noun
· any of various ornamental flowering plants of the genus Malcolmia
14. stock - noun
· lumber used in the construction of something; "they will cut round stock to 1-inch diameter"
15. stock - noun
· the handle end of some implements or tools; "he grabbed the cue by the stock"
16. stock - noun
· an ornamental white cravat
17. stock - noun
· any animals kept for use or profit
18. stock - verb
· have on hand; "Do you carry kerosene heaters?"
19. stock - verb
· equip with a stock; "stock a rifle"
20. stock - verb
· supply with fish; "stock a lake"
21. stock - verb
· supply with livestock; "stock a farm"
22. stock - verb
· amass so as to keep for future use or sale or for a particular occasion or use; "let's stock coffee as long as prices are low"
23. stock - verb
· provide or furnish with a stock of something; "stock the larder with meat"
24. stock - verb
· put forth and grow sprouts or shoots; "the plant sprouted early this year"
25. stock - adjective
· repeated too often; overfamiliar through overuse; "bromidic sermons"; "his remarks were trite and commonplace"; "hackneyed phrases"; "a stock answer"; "repeating threadbare jokes"; "parroting some timeworn axiom"; "the trite metaphor `hard as nails'"
26. stock - adjective
· routine; "a stock answer"
27. stock - adjective
· regularly and widely used or sold; "a standard size"; "a stock item"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.