1. stifle - noun
· joint between the femur and tibia in a quadruped; corresponds to the human knee
2. stifle - verb
· suppress in order to conceal or hide; "smother a yawn"; "muffle one's anger"; "strangle a laugh"; "repress a cry of fear"
3. stifle - verb
· suppress or constrain so as to lessen in intensity; "Stifle your curiosity"
4. stifle - verb
· impair the respiration of or obstruct the air passage of; "The foul air was slowly suffocating the children"
5. stifle - verb
· be asphyxiated; die from lack of oxygen; "The child suffocated under the pillow"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.