1. step - noun
· any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal; "the situation called for strong measures"; "the police took steps to reduce crime"
2. step - noun
· the distance covered by a step; "he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
3. step - noun
· the act of changing location by raising the foot and setting it down; "he walked with unsteady steps"
4. step - noun
· support consisting of a place to rest the foot while ascending or descending a stairway; "he paused on the bottom step"
5. step - noun
· relative position in a graded series; "always a step behind"; "subtle gradations in color"; "keep in step with the fashions"
6. step - noun
· a short distance; "it's only a step to the drugstore"
7. step - noun
· the sound of a step of someone walking; "he heard footsteps on the porch"
8. step - noun
· a musical interval of two semitones
9. step - noun
· a mark of a foot or shoe on a surface; "the police made casts of the footprints in the soft earth outside the window"
10. step - noun
· a solid block joined to the beams in which the heel of a ship's mast or capstan is fixed
11. step - noun
· a sequence of foot movements that make up a particular dance; "he taught them the waltz step"
12. step - verb
· shift or move by taking a step; "step back"
13. step - verb
· put down or press the foot, place the foot; "For fools rush in where angels fear to tread"; "step on the brake"
14. step - verb
· cause (a computer) to execute a single command
15. step - verb
· treat badly; "This boss abuses his workers"; "She is always stepping on others to get ahead"
16. step - verb
· furnish with steps; "The architect wants to step the terrace"
17. step - verb
· move with one's feet in a specific manner; "step lively"
18. step - verb
· walk a short distance to a specified place or in a specified manner; "step over to the blackboard"
19. step - verb
· place (a ship's mast) in its step
20. step - verb
· measure (distances) by pacing; "step off ten yards"
21. step - verb
· move or proceed as if by steps into a new situation; "She stepped into a life of luxury"; "he won't step into his father's footsteps"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.