1. stem - verb
· grow out of, have roots in, originate in; "The increase in the national debt stems from the last war"
2. stem - verb
· cause to point inward; "stem your skis"
3. stem - verb
· stop the flow of a liquid; "staunch the blood flow"; "stem the tide"
4. stem - verb
· remove the stem from; "for automatic natural language processing, the words must be stemmed"
5. stemmed - adjective
· having a stem or stems or having a stem as specified; often used in combination; "stemmed goblets"; "long-stemmed roses"
6. stemmed - adjective
· (of plants) producing a well-developed stem above ground
7. stemmed - adjective
· having the stem removed; "stemmed berries"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.