1. standard - noun
· a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated; "the schools comply with federal standards"; "they set the measure for all subsequent work"
2. standard - noun
· the ideal in terms of which something can be judged; "they live by the standards of their community"
3. standard - noun
· a board measure = 1980 board feet
4. standard - noun
· the value behind the money in a monetary system
5. standard - noun
· an upright pole or beam (especially one used as a support); "distance was marked by standards every mile"; "lamps supported on standards provided illumination"
6. standard - noun
· any distinctive flag
7. standard - adjective
· conforming to or constituting a standard of measurement or value; or of the usual or regularized or accepted kind; "windows of standard width"; "standard sizes"; "the standard fixtures"; "standard brands"; "standard operating procedure"
8. standard - adjective
· commonly used or supplied; "standard procedure"; "standard car equipment"
9. standard - adjective
· established or well-known or widely recognized as a model of authority or excellence; "a standard reference work"; "the classical argument between free trade and protectionism"
10. standard - adjective
· conforming to the established language usage of educated native speakers; "standard English" (American); "received standard English is sometimes called the King's English" (British)
11. standard - adjective
· regularly and widely used or sold; "a standard size"; "a stock item"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.