1. staining - noun
· (histology) the use of a dye to color specimens for microscopic study
2. staining - noun
· the act of spotting or staining something
3. stain - verb
· color with a liquid dye or tint; "Stain this table a beautiful walnut color"; "people knew how to stain glass a beautiful blue in the middle ages"
4. stain - verb
· produce or leave stains; "Red wine stains the table cloth"
5. stain - verb
· make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically; "The silver was tarnished by the long exposure to the air"; "Her reputation was sullied after the affair with a married man"
6. stain - verb
· color for microscopic study; "The laboratory worker dyed the specimen"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.