1. sputter - noun
· the noise of something spattering or sputtering explosively; "he heard a spatter of gunfire"
2. sputter - noun
· an utterance (of words) with spitting sounds (as in rage)
3. sputter - verb
· make an explosive sound; "sputtering engines"
4. sputter - verb
· cause to undergo a process in which atoms are removed; "The solar wind protons must sputter away the surface atoms of the dust"
5. sputter - verb
· climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
6. sputter - verb
· utter with a spitting sound, as if in a rage
7. sputter - verb
· spit up in an explosive manner
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.