1. spirit - noun
· the vital principle or animating force within living things
2. spirit - noun
· the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people; "the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
3. spirit - noun
· a fundamental emotional and activating principle determining one's character
4. spirit - noun
· any incorporeal supernatural being that can become visible (or audible) to human beings
5. spirit - noun
· the state of a person's emotions (especially with regard to pleasure or dejection); "his emotional state depended on her opinion"; "he was in good spirits"; "his spirit rose"
6. spirit - noun
· the intended meaning of a communication
7. spirit - noun
· animation and energy in action or expression; "it was a heavy play and the actors tried in vain to give life to it"
8. spirit - noun
· an inclination or tendency of a certain kind; "he had a change of heart"
9. spirit - verb
· infuse with spirit; "The company spirited him up"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.