1. specific - noun
· a fact about some part (as opposed to general); "he always reasons from the particular to the general"
2. specific - noun
· a medicine that has a mitigating effect on a specific disease; "quinine is a specific for malaria"
3. specific - adjective
· (sometimes followed by `to') applying to or characterized by or distinguishing something particular or special or unique; "rules with specific application"; "demands specific to the job"; "a specific and detailed account of the accident"
4. specific - adjective
· stated explicitly or in detail; "needed a specific amount"
5. specific - adjective
· relating to or distinguishing or constituting a taxonomic species; "specific characters"
6. specific - adjective
· being or affecting a disease produced by a particular microorganism or condition; used also of stains or dyes used in making microscope slides; "quinine is highly specific for malaria"; "a specific remedy"; "a specific stain is one having a specific affinity for particular structural elements"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.