1. sour - noun
· a cocktail made of a liquor (especially whiskey or gin) mixed with lemon or lime juice and sugar
2. sour - noun
· the taste experience when vinegar or lemon juice is taken into the mouth
3. sour - noun
· the property of being acidic
4. sour - verb
· go sour or spoil; "The milk has soured"; "The wine worked"; "The cream has turned--we have to throw it out"
5. sour - verb
· make sour or more sour
6. sour - adjective
· smelling of fermentation or staleness
7. sour - adjective
· having a sharp biting taste
8. sour - adjective
· one of the four basic taste sensations; like the taste of vinegar or lemons
9. sour - adjective
· in an unpalatable state; "sour milk"
10. sour - adjective
· inaccurate in pitch; "a false (or sour) note"; "her singing was off key"
11. sour - adjective
· showing a brooding ill humor; "a dark scowl"; "the proverbially dour New England Puritan"; "a glum, hopeless shrug"; "he sat in moody silence"; "a morose and unsociable manner"; "a saturnine, almost misanthropic young genius"- Bruce Bliven; "a sour temper"; "a sullen crowd"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.