1. softening - noun
· the process of becoming softer; "refrigeration delayed the softening of the fruit"; "he observed the softening of iron by heat"
2. soften - verb
· make (images or sounds) soft or softer
3. soften - verb
· lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
4. soften - verb
· give in, as to influence or pressure
5. soften - verb
· protect from impact; "cushion the blow"
6. soften - verb
· make less severe or harsh; "He moderated his tone when the students burst out in tears"
7. soften - verb
· make soft or softer; "This liquid will soften your laundry"
8. soften - verb
· become soft or softer; "The bread will soften if you pour some liquid on it"
9. softening - adjective
· having a softening or soothing effect especially to the skin
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.