1. slow - verb
· lose velocity; move more slowly; "The car decelerated"
2. slow - verb
· become slow or slower; "Production slowed"
3. slow - verb
· cause to proceed more slowly; "The illness slowed him down"
4. slow - adjective
· not moving quickly; taking a comparatively long time; "a slow walker"; "the slow lane of traffic"; "her steps were slow"; "he was slow in reacting to the news"; "slow but steady growth"
5. slow - adjective
· at a slow tempo; "the band played a slow waltz"
6. slow - adjective
· slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity; "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"; "never met anyone quite so dim"; "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"- Thackeray; "dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"; "he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"; "worked with the slow students"
7. slow - adjective
· (used of timepieces) indicating a time earlier than the correct time; "the clock is slow"
8. slow - adjective
· so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness; "a boring evening with uninteresting people"; "the deadening effect of some routine tasks"; "a dull play"; "his competent but dull performance"; "a ho-hum speaker who couldn't capture their attention"; "what an irksome task the writing of long letters is"- Edmund Burke; "tedious days on the train"; "the tiresome chirping of a cricket"- Mark Twain; "other people's dreams are dreadfully wearisome"
9. slow - adjective
· (of business) not active or brisk; "business is dull (or slow)"; "a sluggish market"
10. slow - adverb
· without speed (`slow' is sometimes used informally for `slowly'); "he spoke slowly"; "go easy here--the road is slippery"; "glaciers move tardily"; "please go slow so I can see the sights"
11. slow - adverb
· of timepieces; "the clock is almost an hour slow"; "my watch is running behind"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.