1. slip - noun
· a socially awkward or tactless act
2. slip - noun
· a minor inadvertent mistake usually observed in speech or writing or in small accidents or memory lapses etc.
3. slip - noun
· potter's clay that is thinned and used for coating or decorating ceramics
4. slip - noun
· a part (sometimes a root or leaf or bud) removed from a plant to propagate a new plant through rooting or grafting
5. slip - noun
· a young and slender person; "he's a mere slip of a lad"
6. slip - noun
· a place where a craft can be made fast
7. slip - noun
· an accidental misstep threatening (or causing) a fall; "he blamed his slip on the ice"; "the jolt caused many slips and a few spills"
8. slip - noun
· a slippery smoothness; "he could feel the slickness of the tiller"
9. slip - noun
· artifact consisting of a narrow flat piece of material
10. slip - noun
· a small sheet of paper; "a receipt slip"; "a withdrawal slip"
11. slip - noun
· a woman's sleeveless undergarment
12. slip - noun
· bed linen consisting of a cover for a pillow; "the burglar carried his loot in a pillowcase"
13. slip - noun
· an unexpected slide
14. slip - noun
· a flight maneuver; aircraft slides sideways in the air
15. slip - noun
· the act of avoiding capture (especially by cunning)
16. slip - verb
· move stealthily; "The ship slipped away in the darkness"
17. slip - verb
· insert inconspicuously or quickly or quietly; "He slipped some money into the waiter's hand"
18. slip - verb
· move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner; "the wheels skidded against the sidewalk"
19. slip - verb
· get worse; "My grades are slipping"
20. slip - verb
· move smoothly and easily; "the bolt slipped into place"; "water slipped from the polished marble"
21. slip - verb
· to make a mistake or be incorrect
22. slip - verb
· pass on stealthily; "He slipped me the key when nobody was looking"
23. slip - verb
· move easily; "slip into something comfortable"
24. slip - verb
· cause to move with a smooth or sliding motion; "he slipped the bolt into place"
25. slip - verb
· pass out of one's memory
26. slip - verb
· move out of position; "dislocate joints"; "the artificial hip joint luxated and had to be put back surgically"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.