1. slack - noun
· dust consisting of a mixture of small coal fragments and coal dust and dirt that sifts out when coal is passed over a sieve
2. slack - noun
· a noticeable deterioration in performance or quality; "the team went into a slump"; "a gradual slack in output"; "a drop-off in attendance"; "a falloff in quality"
3. slack - noun
· a stretch of water without current or movement; "suddenly they were in a slack and the water was motionless"
4. slack - noun
· a soft wet area of low-lying land that sinks underfoot
5. slack - noun
· the quality of being loose (not taut); "he hadn't counted on the slackness of the rope"
6. slack - noun
· a cord or rope or cable that is hanging loosely; "he took up the slack"
7. slack - verb
· avoid responsibilities and work, be idle
8. slack - verb
· be inattentive to, or neglect; "He slacks his attention"
9. slack - verb
· release tension on; "slack the rope"
10. slack - verb
· make less active or fast; "He slackened his pace as he got tired"; "Don't relax your efforts now"
11. slack - verb
· become slow or slower; "Production slowed"
12. slack - verb
· make less active or intense
13. slack - verb
· become less in amount or intensity; "The storm abated"; "The rain let up after a few hours"
14. slack - verb
· cause to heat and crumble by treatment with water; "slack lime"
15. slack - adjective
· not tense or taut; "the old man's skin hung loose and grey"; "slack and wrinkled skin"; "slack sails"; "a slack rope"; "a slack grip"
16. slack - adjective
· flowing with little speed as e.g. at the turning of the tide; "slack water"
17. slack - adjective
· lacking in rigor or strictness; "such lax and slipshod ways are no longer acceptable"; "lax in attending classes"; "slack in maintaining discipline"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.