1. sitting - noun
· (photography) the act of assuming a certain position (as for a photograph or portrait); "he wanted his portrait painted but couldn't spare time for the sitting"
2. sitting - noun
· the act of assuming or maintaining a seated position; "he read the mystery at one sitting"
3. sitting - noun
· a meeting of spiritualists; "the seance was held in the medium's parlor"
4. sitting - noun
· a session as of a legislature or court
5. sit - verb
· be seated
6. sit - verb
· be around, often idly or without specific purpose; "The object sat in the corner"; "We sat around chatting for another hour"
7. sit - verb
· take a seat
8. sit - verb
· be in session; "When does the court of law sit?"
9. sit - verb
· assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
10. sit - verb
· sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions; "She never sat a horse!"; "Did you ever ride a camel?"; "The girl liked to drive the young mare"
11. sit - verb
· be located or situated somewhere; "The White House sits on Pennsylvania Avenue"
12. sit - verb
· work or act as a baby-sitter; "I cannot baby-sit tonight; I have too much homework to do"
13. sit - verb
· show to a seat; assign a seat for; "The host seated me next to Mrs. Smith"
14. sit - verb
· serve in a specific professional capacity; "the priest sat for confession"; "she sat on the jury"
15. sitting - adjective
· (of persons) having the torso erect and legs bent with the body supported on the buttocks; "the seated Madonna"; "the audience remained seated"
16. sitting - adjective
· not moving and therefore easy to attack; "a sitting target"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.