1. sink - noun
· plumbing fixture consisting of a water basin fixed to a wall or floor and having a drainpipe
2. sink - noun
· (technology) a process that acts to absorb or remove energy or a substance from a system; "the ocean is a sink for carbon dioxide"
3. sink - noun
· a depression in the ground communicating with a subterranean passage (especially in limestone) and formed by solution or by collapse of a cavern roof
4. sink - noun
· a covered cistern; waste water and sewage flow into it
5. sink - verb
· fall or descend to a lower place or level; "He sank to his knees"
6. sink - verb
· cause to sink; "The Japanese sank American ships in Pearl Harbor"
7. sink - verb
· pass into a specified state or condition; "He sank into nirvana"
8. sink - verb
· go under; "The raft sank and its occupants drowned"
9. sink - verb
· descend into or as if into some soft substance or place; "He sank into bed"; "She subsided into the chair"
10. sink - verb
· appear to move downward; "The sun dipped below the horizon"; "The setting sun sank below the tree line"
11. sink - verb
· fall heavily or suddenly; decline markedly; "The real estate market fell off"
12. sink - verb
· fall or sink heavily; "He slumped onto the couch"; "My spirits sank"
13. sink - verb
· embed deeply; "She sank her fingers into the soft sand"; "He buried his head in her lap"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.