1. silent - adjective
· marked by absence of sound; "a silent house"; "soundless footsteps on the grass"; "the night was still"
2. silent - adjective
· failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to; "the witness remained silent"
3. silent - adjective
· implied by or inferred from actions or statements; "gave silent consent"; "a tacit agreement"; "the understood provisos of a custody agreement"
4. silent - adjective
· not made to sound; "the silent `h' at the beginning of `honor'"; "in French certain letters are often unsounded"
5. silent - adjective
· having a frequency below or above the range of human audibility; "a silent dog whistle"
6. silent - adjective
· unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.