1. silence - noun
· the state of being silent (as when no one is speaking); "there was a shocked silence"; "he gestured for silence"
2. silence - noun
· the absence of sound; "he needed silence in order to sleep"; "the street was quiet"
3. silence - noun
· a refusal to speak when expected; "his silence about my contribution was surprising"
4. silence - noun
· the trait of keeping things secret
5. silence - verb
· cause to be quiet or not talk; "Please silence the children in the church!"
6. silence - verb
· keep from expression, for example by threats or pressure; "All dissenters were silenced when the dictator assumed power"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.