1. sideways - adjective
· (of movement) at an angle
2. sideways - adverb
· with one side forward or to the front; "turned sideways to show the profile"; "crabs seeming to walk sidewise"
3. sideways - adverb
· from the side; obliquely; "a picture lit sideways"; "scenes viewed sidewise"
4. sideways - adverb
· toward one side; "the car slipped sideways into the ditch"; "leaning sideways"; "a figure moving sidewise in the shadows"
5. sideways - adverb
· to, toward or at one side; "darting eyes looking sidelong out of a wizened face"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.