1. shot - noun
· the act of firing a projectile; "his shooting was slow but accurate"
2. shot - noun
· a solid missile discharged from a firearm; "the shot buzzed past his ear"
3. shot - noun
· (sports) the act of swinging or striking at a ball with a club or racket or bat or cue or hand; "it took two strokes to get out of the bunker"; "a good shot requires good balance and tempo"; "he left me an almost impossible shot"
4. shot - noun
· a chance to do something; "he wanted a shot at the champion"
5. shot - noun
· a person who shoots (usually with respect to their ability to shoot); "he is a crack shot"; "a poor shooter"
6. shot - noun
· a consecutive series of pictures that constitutes a unit of action in a film
7. shot - noun
· the act of putting a liquid into the body by means of a syringe; "the nurse gave him a flu shot"
8. shot - noun
· a small drink of liquor; "he poured a shot of whiskey"
9. shot - noun
· an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect; "his parting shot was `drop dead'"; "she threw shafts of sarcasm"; "she takes a dig at me every chance she gets"
10. shot - noun
· an estimate based on little or no information
11. shot - noun
· an informal photograph; usually made with a small hand-held camera; "my snapshots haven't been developed yet"; "he tried to get unposed shots of his friends"
12. shot - noun
· sports equipment consisting of a heavy metal ball used in the shot put; "he trained at putting the shot"
13. shot - noun
· an explosive charge used in blasting
14. shot - noun
· a blow hard enough to cause injury; "he is still recovering from a shot to his leg"; "I caught him with a solid shot to the chin"
15. shot - noun
· an attempt to score in a game
16. shot - noun
· informal words for any attempt or effort; "he gave it his best shot"; "he took a stab at forecasting"
17. shot - noun
· the launching of a missile or spacecraft to a specified destination
18. shoot - verb
· hit with a missile from a weapon
19. shoot - verb
· kill by firing a missile
20. shoot - verb
· fire a shot; "the gunman blasted away"
21. shoot - verb
· make a film or photograph of something; "take a scene"; "shoot a movie"
22. shoot - verb
· send forth suddenly, intensely, swiftly; "shoot a glance"
23. shoot - verb
· run or move very quickly or hastily; "She dashed into the yard"
24. shoot - verb
· move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
25. shoot - verb
· throw or propel in a specific direction or towards a specific objective; "shoot craps"; "shoot a golf ball"
26. shoot - verb
· record on photographic film; "I photographed the scene of the accident"; "She snapped a picture of the President"
27. shoot - verb
· emit (as light, flame, or fumes) suddenly and forcefully; "The dragon shot fumes and flames out of its mouth"
28. shoot - verb
· cause a sharp and sudden pain in; "The pain shot up her leg"
29. shoot - verb
· force or drive (a fluid or gas) into by piercing; "inject hydrogen into the balloon"
30. shoot - verb
· variegate by interweaving weft threads of different colors; "shoot cloth"
31. shoot - verb
· throw dice, as in a crap game
32. shoot - verb
· spend frivolously and unwisely; "Fritter away one's inheritance"
33. shoot - verb
· score; "shoot a basket"; "shoot a goal"
34. shoot - verb
· utter fast and forcefully; "She shot back an answer"
35. shoot - verb
· measure the altitude of by using a sextant; "shoot a star"
36. shoot - verb
· produce buds, branches, or germinate; "the potatoes sprouted"
37. shoot - verb
· give an injection to; "We injected the glucose into the patient's vein"
38. shot - adjective
· varying in color when seen in different lights or from different angles; "changeable taffeta"; "chatoyant (or shot) silk"; "a dragonfly hovered, vibrating and iridescent"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.