1. shine - noun
· the quality of being bright and sending out rays of light
2. shine - verb
· be bright by reflecting or casting light; "Drive carefully--the wet road reflects"
3. shine - verb
· emit light; be bright, as of the sun or a light; "The sun shone bright that day"; "The fire beamed on their faces"
4. shine - verb
· be shiny, as if wet; "His eyes were glistening"
5. shine - verb
· be distinguished or eminent; "His talent shines"
6. shine - verb
· be clear and obvious; "A shining example"
7. shine - verb
· have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink; "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
8. shine - verb
· throw or flash the light of (a lamp); "Shine the light on that window, please"
9. shine - verb
· touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly; "Light fell on her face"; "The sun shone on the fields"; "The light struck the golden necklace"; "A strange sound struck my ears"
10. shine - verb
· experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion; "She was beaming with joy"; "Her face radiated with happiness"
11. shine - verb
· make (a surface) shine; "shine the silver, please"; "polish my shoes"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.