1. shear - noun
· (physics) a deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves; "the shear changed the quadrilateral into a parallelogram"
2. shear - noun
· a large edge tool that cuts sheet metal by passing a blade through it
3. shear - verb
· cut with shears; "shear hedges"
4. shear - verb
· shear the wool from; "shear sheep"
5. shear - verb
· cut or cut through with shears; "shear the wool off the lamb"
6. shear - verb
· become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.