1. shadow - noun
· shade within clear boundaries
2. shadow - noun
· an unilluminated area; "he moved off into the darkness"
3. shadow - noun
· something existing in perception only; "a ghostly apparition at midnight"
4. shadow - noun
· a premonition of something adverse; "a shadow over his happiness"
5. shadow - noun
· an indication that something has been present; "there wasn't a trace of evidence for the claim"; "a tincture of condescension"
6. shadow - noun
· refuge from danger or observation; "he felt secure in his father's shadow"
7. shadow - noun
· a dominating and pervasive presence; "he received little recognition working in the shadow of his father"
8. shadow - noun
· a spy employed to follow someone and report their movements
9. shadow - noun
· an inseparable companion; "the poor child was his mother's shadow"
10. shadow - verb
· follow, usually without the person's knowledge; "The police are shadowing her"
11. shadow - verb
· cast a shadow over
12. shadow - verb
· make appear small by comparison; "This year's debt dwarfs that of last year"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.