1. shade - verb
· cast a shadow over
2. shade - verb
· represent the effect of shade or shadow on
3. shade - verb
· protect from light, heat, or view; "Shade your eyes when you step out into the bright sunlight"
4. shade - verb
· vary slightly; "shade the meaning"
5. shade - verb
· pass from one quality such as color to another by a slight degree; "the butterfly wings shade to yellow"
6. shaded - adjective
· protected from heat and light with shade or shadow; "shaded avenues"; "o'er the shaded billows rushed the night"- Alexander Pope
7. shaded - adjective
· (of pictures or drawings) drawn or painted with degrees or gradations of shadow; "the shaded areas of the face seemed to recede"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.