1. setting - noun
· the context and environment in which something is set; "the perfect setting for a ghost story"
2. setting - noun
· the state of the environment in which a situation exists; "you can't do that in a university setting"
3. setting - noun
· arrangement of scenery and properties to represent the place where a play or movie is enacted
4. setting - noun
· the set of facts or circumstances that surround a situation or event; "the historical context"
5. setting - noun
· the physical position of something; "he changed the setting on the thermostat"
6. setting - noun
· a table service for one person; "a place setting of sterling flatware"
7. setting - noun
· a mounting consisting of a piece of metal (as in a ring or other jewelry) that holds a gem in place; "the diamond was in a plain gold mount"
8. set - verb
· put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
9. set - verb
· fix conclusively or authoritatively; "set the rules"
10. set - verb
· decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
11. set - verb
· establish as the highest level or best performance; "set a record"
12. set - verb
· put into a certain state; cause to be in a certain state; "set the house afire"
13. set - verb
· fix in a border; "The goldsmith set the diamond"
14. set - verb
· make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc; "Get the children ready for school!"; "prepare for war"; "I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
15. set - verb
· set to a certain position or cause to operate correctly; "set clocks or instruments"
16. set - verb
· locate; "The film is set in Africa"
17. set - verb
· disappear beyond the horizon; "the sun sets early these days"
18. set - verb
· adapt for performance in a different way; "set this poem to music"
19. set - verb
· put or set (seeds, seedlings, or plants) into the ground; "Let's plant flowers in the garden"
20. set - verb
· apply or start; "set fire to a building"
21. set - verb
· become gelatinous; "the liquid jelled after we added the enzyme"
22. set - verb
· set in type; "My book will be typeset nicely"; "set these words in italics"
23. set - verb
· put into a position that will restore a normal state; "set a broken bone"
24. set - verb
· insert (a nail or screw below the surface, as into a countersink)
25. set - verb
· give a fine, sharp edge to a knife or razor
26. set - verb
· urge to attack someone; "The owner sicked his dogs on the intruders"; "the shaman sics sorcerers on the evil spirits"
27. set - verb
· estimate; "We put the time of arrival at 8 P.M."
28. set - verb
· equip with sails or masts; "rig a ship"
29. set - verb
· get ready for a particular purpose or event; "set up an experiment"; "set the table"; "lay out the tools for the surgery"
30. set - verb
· alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
31. set - verb
· bear fruit; "the apple trees fructify"
32. set - verb
· arrange attractively; "dress my hair for the wedding"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.