1. serve - noun
· (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play; "his powerful serves won the game"
2. serve - verb
· serve a purpose, role, or function; "The tree stump serves as a table"; "The female students served as a control group"; "This table would serve very well"; "His freedom served him well"; "The table functions as a desk"
3. serve - verb
· do duty or hold offices; serve in a specific function; "He served as head of the department for three years"; "She served in Congress for two terms"
4. serve - verb
· contribute or conduce to; "The scandal served to increase his popularity"
5. serve - verb
· be used by; as of a utility; "The sewage plant served the neighboring communities"; "The garage served to shelter his horses"
6. serve - verb
· help to some food; help with food or drink; "I served him three times, and after that he helped himself"
7. serve - verb
· provide (usually but not necessarily food); "We serve meals for the homeless"; "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M."; "The entertainers served up a lively show"
8. serve - verb
· devote (part of) one's life or efforts to, as of countries, institutions, or ideas; "She served the art of music"; "He served the church"; "serve the country"
9. serve - verb
· promote, benefit, or be useful or beneficial to; "Art serves commerce"; "Their interests are served"; "The lake serves recreation"; "The President's wisdom has served the country well"
10. serve - verb
· spend time in prison or in a labor camp; "He did six years for embezzlement"
11. serve - verb
· work for or be a servant to; "May I serve you?"; "She attends the old lady in the wheelchair"; "Can you wait on our table, please?"; "Is a salesperson assisting you?"; "The minister served the King for many years"
12. serve - verb
· deliver a warrant or summons to someone; "He was processed by the sheriff"
13. serve - verb
· be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity; "A few words would answer"; "This car suits my purpose well"; "Will $100 do?"; "A `B' grade doesn't suffice to get me into medical school"; "Nothing else will serve"
14. serve - verb
· do military service; "She served in Vietnam"; "My sons never served, because they are short-sighted"
15. serve - verb
· mate with; "male animals serve the females for breeding purposes"
16. serve - verb
· put the ball into play; "It was Agassi's turn to serve"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.