1. separate - verb
· act as a barrier between; stand between; "The mountain range divides the two countries"
2. separate - verb
· force, take, or pull apart; "He separated the fighting children"; "Moses parted the Red Sea"
3. separate - verb
· mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
4. separate - verb
· separate into parts or portions; "divide the cake into three equal parts"; "The British carved up the Ottoman Empire after World War I"
5. separate - verb
· divide into components or constituents; "Separate the wheat from the chaff"
6. separate - verb
· arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
7. separate - verb
· make a division or separation
8. separate - verb
· discontinue an association or relation; go different ways; "The business partners broke over a tax question"; "The couple separated after 25 years of marriage"; "My friend and I split up"
9. separate - verb
· go one's own way; move apart; "The friends separated after the party"
10. separate - verb
· become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart"
11. separate - verb
· treat differently on the basis of sex or race
12. separate - verb
· come apart; "The two pieces that we had glued separated"
13. separate - verb
· divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork; "The road forks"
14. separated - adjective
· being or feeling set or kept apart from others; "she felt detached from the group"; "could not remain the isolated figure he had been"- Sherwood Anderson; "thought of herself as alone and separated from the others"; "had a set-apart feeling"
15. separated - adjective
· spaced apart
16. separated - adjective
· separated at the joint; "a dislocated knee"; "a separated shoulder"
17. separated - adjective
· no longer connected or joined; "a detached part"; "on one side of the island was a hugh rock, almost detached"; "the separated spacecraft will return to their home bases"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.