1. secure - verb
· get by special effort; "He procured extra cigarettes even though they were rationed"
2. secure - verb
· cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
3. secure - verb
· assure payment of
4. secure - verb
· make certain of; "This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!"
5. secure - verb
· fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug; "plug the hole"; "stop up the leak"
6. secure - verb
· furnish with battens; "batten ships"
7. secure - adjective
· free from fear or doubt; easy in mind; "he was secure that nothing will be held against him"
8. secure - adjective
· free from danger or risk; "secure from harm"; "his fortune was secure"; "made a secure place for himself in his field"
9. secure - adjective
· not likely to fail or give way; "the lock was secure"; "a secure foundation"; "a secure hold on her wrist"
10. secure - adjective
· immune to attack; incapable of being tampered with; "an impregnable fortress"; "fortifications that made the frontier inviolable"; "a secure telephone connection"
11. secure - adjective
· financially safe; "a good investment"; "a secure investment"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.