1. second - noun
· 1/60 of a minute; the basic unit of time adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
2. second - noun
· an indefinitely short time; "wait just a moment"; "in a mo"; "it only takes a minute"; "in just a bit"
3. second - noun
· the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near the second of the bases in the infield
4. second - noun
· a particular point in time; "the moment he arrived the party began"
5. second - noun
· following the first in an ordering or series; "he came in a close second"
6. second - noun
· a 60th part of a minute of arc; "the treasure is 2 minutes and 45 seconds south of here"
7. second - noun
· the official attendant of a contestant in a duel or boxing match
8. second - noun
· a speech seconding a motion; "do I hear a second?"
9. second - noun
· the gear that has the second lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle; "he had to shift down into second to make the hill"
10. second - noun
· merchandise that has imperfections; usually sold at a reduced price without the brand name
11. second - verb
· give support or one's approval to; "I'll second that motion"; "I can't back this plan"; "endorse a new project"
12. second - verb
· transfer an employee to a different, temporary assignment; "The officer was seconded for duty overseas"
13. second - adjective
· coming next after the first in position in space or time or degree or magnitude
14. second - adjective
· a part or voice or instrument or orchestra section lower in pitch than or subordinate to the first; "second flute"; "the second violins"
15. second - adverb
· in the second place; "second, we must consider the economy"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.