1. sear - verb
· make very hot and dry; "The heat scorched the countryside"
2. sear - verb
· become superficially burned; "my eyebrows singed when I bent over the flames"
3. sear - verb
· burn slightly and superficially so as to affect color; "The cook blackened the chicken breast"; "The fire charred the ceiling above the mantelpiece"; "the flames scorched the ceiling"
4. sear - verb
· cause to wither or parch from exposure to heat; "The sun parched the earth"
5. sear - adjective
· (used especially of vegetation) having lost all moisture; "dried-up grass"; "the desert was edged with sere vegetation"; "shriveled leaves on the unwatered seedlings"; "withered vines"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.