1. scratch - noun
· an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off
2. scratch - noun
· a depression scratched or carved into a surface
3. scratch - noun
· informal terms for money
4. scratch - noun
· a competitor who has withdrawn from competition
5. scratch - noun
· a line indicating the location of the start of a race or a game
6. scratch - noun
· dry mash for poultry
7. scratch - noun
· a harsh noise made by scraping; "the scrape of violin bows distracted her"
8. scratch - noun
· poor handwriting
9. scratch - noun
· (golf) a handicap of zero strokes; "a golfer who plays at scratch should be able to achieve par on a course"
10. scratch - noun
· an indication of damage
11. scratch - verb
· cause friction; "my sweater scratches"
12. scratch - verb
· cut the surface of; wear away the surface of
13. scratch - verb
· scrape or rub as if to relieve itching; "Don't scratch your insect bites!"
14. scratch - verb
· postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled; "Call off the engagement"; "cancel the dinner party"; "we had to scrub our vacation plans"; "scratch that meeting--the chair is ill"
15. scratch - verb
· remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line; "Please strike this remark from the record"; "scratch that remark"
16. scratch - verb
· gather (money or other resources) together over time; "She had scraped together enough money for college"; "they scratched a meager living"
17. scratch - verb
· carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface; "engrave a pen"; "engraved the trophy cup with the winner's name"; "the lovers scratched their names into the bark of the tree"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.