1. salute - noun
· an act of honor or courteous recognition; "a musical salute to the composer on his birthday"
2. salute - noun
· a formal military gesture of respect
3. salute - noun
· an act of greeting with friendly words and gestures like bowing or lifting the hat
4. salute - verb
· propose a toast to; "Let us toast the birthday girl!"; "Let's drink to the New Year"
5. salute - verb
· greet in a friendly way; "I meet this men every day on my way to work and he salutes me"
6. salute - verb
· express commendation of; "I salute your courage!"
7. salute - verb
· become noticeable; "a terrible stench saluted our nostrils"
8. salute - verb
· honor with a military ceremony, as when honoring dead soldiers
9. salute - verb
· recognize with a gesture prescribed by a military regulation; assume a prescribed position; "When the officers show up, the soldiers have to salute"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.